Jump to navigation Jump to search
Anniversaries in music
- June 1, 1967 – The Beatles album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is released.
- June 1, 1991 – Temptations' David Ruffin dies of a drug overdose.
- June 5, 1956 – Elvis Presley introduces his new single, Hound Dog, on The Milton Berle Show.
- June 8, 1987 – percussionist Yogi Horton, frustrated with living in Luther Vandross' shadow, commits suicide by jumping from a hotel window.
- June 10, 2004 – Singer, composer, and Grammy-winner Ray Charles, dies.
- June 20, 1973 – Lawrence Payton of the Four Tops dies of Liver cancer.
- June 20, 1973 – Penguin baritone Bruce Tate, dies.
- June 21, 2001 – Grammy award-winning blues guitarist John Lee Hooker, dies in Los Altos, California.
- June 22, 1982 – Fête de la Musique street music festival inaugurated in France by Jack Lang.
- June 22, 1969 – Actress and singer Judy Garland, dies in London of a drug overdose.
- June 26, 2007 – The Internet Radio Day of Silence occurs, protesting copyright royalty rate increase approved by the Copyright Royalty Board.
- June 26, 2007 – Multi-platinum Grammy Award Winning singer Kelly Clarkson releases her third album entitled My December.
- June 30, 2001 – Chet Atkins, country and western musician, dies.