Portal:National Register of Historic Places/Did you know/2
- ...that Ka Lae (pictured) on the island of Hawaii is the southernmost point in the United States?
- ...that, according to Eastman Kodak, the Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox statues in Bemidji, Minnesota are the second most photographed statues in the United States, behind only Mount Rushmore?
- ...that Fort Massachusetts on Ship Island was used as a staging area by the Union Army during the American Civil War, and that more than 230 Union troops were buried there?
- ...that because of liberal divorce laws in the U.S. state of Nevada, the Riverside Hotel in Reno catered specifically to wealthy divorce-seekers?
- ...that the Snake River Bridge, in the U.S. state of Washington, was originally built in one location, completely dismantled, and reassembled in its current location?