Nebraska is a state in the Midwestern and Western part of the United States of America. With an area of 200,520 km² (77,421 sq mi) and a population of 1,826,341 (per the 2010 census), Nebraska is ranked as the 16th largest state by land area, and the 38th by population. Nebraska's name is derived from a Chiwere word meaning "flat water," after the Platte River that flows through the state.
Nebraskans are sometimes colloquially referred to as "Cornhuskers" (which is derived from the University of Nebraska's nickname, the Cornhuskers, later the nickname of the state itself). Once considered part of the Great American Desert, it is now a leading farming state.
Jaime King (born April 23, 1979) is an American film actress and model. In her modeling career and early film roles, she went by the names Jamie King and most especially James King, which was a childhood nickname given to King by her parents, because her agency already represented another Jaime — the older, then-more famous model Jaime Rishar. King, because of the latter name, is sometimes referred to as the "Model with a man's name".
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Nebraska
- Communities (talk) — Cities, towns, villages and boroughs
- Physical geography (talk)— Regions, parks, climate, physical features
- Transportation (talk)— Roads, trails, rail, ferries, and airplanes in and around Nebraska
- Culture (talk)— Music, art, icons, mass communication
- People (talk) — Includes Nebraska natives and those residents who have shaped Nebraska
- Government (talk) — Government: federal, state and local politics in relation to Nebraska
- History (talk) — History of Nebraska during and prior to statehood
- Economy (Talk) — Major Nebraska industries, employers, trends, and history relating to the economy of Nebraska
- WikiProject Omaha