Portal:New York City/Selected anniversaries/September
- September 1, 1799 – Bank of Manhattan opens in 40 Wall Street.
- September 3, 1609 – Explorer Henry Hudson (pictured) reaches the river that will one day bear his name. He proceeds to sail up the river, reaching as far as present-day Albany.
- September 11, 2001 – The September 11 attacks occur, killing 3,000 and destroying the World Trade Center.
- September 13, 1970 – The inaugural New York City Marathon is held.
- September 17, 2011 – The Occupy Wall Street movement begins in Zuccotti Park.