Nintendo is a Japanese multinational consumer electronics and software company headquartered in Kyoto, Japan. Nintendo is one of the world's largest video game companies by market capitalization. Founded on 23 September 1889, by Fusajiro Yamauchi, it originally produced handmade hanafuda playing cards. By 1963, the company had tried several small niche businesses, such as cab services and love hotels. As of 31 March 2014 , Nintendo has cumulative sales of over 670.43 million hardware units and 4.23 billion software units. The company has created and released some of the best-known and top-selling video game franchises, such as Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Pokémon. The word Nintendo can be roughly translated from Japanese to English as "leave luck to heaven".
More about Nintendo...
There are 1,638 Nintendo articles on Wikipedia.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズＸ Dairantō Sumasshu Burazāzu Ekkusu, lit. "Great Melee Smash Brothers X"), is the third installment in the Super Smash Bros. series of crossover fighting games, developed by Sora and published by Nintendo for the Wii video game console. Brawl was announced at a pre-E3 2005 press conference by Nintendo president and Chief Executive Officer Satoru Iwata. Masahiro Sakurai, director of the previous two games in the series, assumed the role of director for the third installment at the request of Iwata. Game development began in October 2005 with a creative team that included collaborations with various second- and third-party Nintendo developers. The game was released on January 31, 2008 in Japan, March 9, 2008 in the United States, June 26, 2008 in Australia, and June 27, 2008 in Europe.
- Now you're playing with power!—Original Nintendo slogan for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
- Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll.—Shigeru Miyamoto.
- Thank you, Mario! But our princess is in another castle!—Toad, from Super Mario Bros.
- My name is Reggie. I'm about kickin' ass, I'm about takin' names, and we're about makin' games—Reggie Fils-Aime, introducing himself at E3 2004.
- My body is ready—Reggie Fils-Aime said before stepping onto the Wii Balance Board.
- It's-a me, Mario!—Mario during the startup of Super Mario 64
- I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!—Youngster from Pokémon Red and Blue
- Games should be something everybody wants to play.—Shigeru Miyamoto.
- Thank you so much for to playing my game!—Mario at the end of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2.
- STOP RESETTIN'! You hear me?!—Resetti in Animal Crossing
- Hey, listen!—Navi in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Welcome; welcome new galaxy!—Mario at the end of Super Mario Galaxy
- You say you want a Revolution?—Satoru Iwata at the Nintendo E3 2005 Conference, his announcement of their new console at the time, the Wii
- Who are you?—Nintendo Game Boy Advance slogan
- How U will play next!—Wii U slogan
- Now you're playing with power; SUPER POWER!—Super Nintendo Entertainment System slogan
- Now you are playing with power; PORTABLE POWER!—Nintendo Game Boy slogan
- Get the power! NINTENDO POWER!—Nintendo Power slogan
- There's a time and place for everything! But not now.—Professor Oak
- It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.—Old Man to Link in The Legend of Zelda
- June 22, 2017Kirby series celebrates its 25th anniversary.
- March 3, 2017
- The Nintendo Switch is released worldwide.
- January 13, 2017
- Further details about the Nintendo Switch are revealed at a publicized event.
- October 20, 2016Nintendo Switch.
- Nintendo unveils their new console, the
- September 16, 2015Tatsumi Kimishima is named company president, succeeding Iwata.
- Managing director
Recently released games
A Toyota vehicle designed in the shape of Pikachu, as shown in an Expo in Sasashima, Japan in 2005.
Nintendo task force is the task force that serves as this portal's partner. Originally created as WikiProject Nintendo by Tree Biting Conspiracy and converted to a task force by MuZemike, the task force aims to work on and improve all Nintendo-related articles. If you are interested in Nintendo and would like to join, please do so by placing your name on the memberlist on the task force page.