Jump to navigation Jump to search
- October 1, 1938, the current Oregon State Capitol building is dedicated with speeches by dignitaries including Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- October 2, 1867, Willamette University opens Waller Hall, the oldest college building in the state still in use.
- October 4, 2002, the FBI arrests four of the Portland Seven on conspiracy charges for attempting to join Al-Qaeda.
- October 4, 1963, All-American at Oregon State and NBA All-Star A. C. Green is born in Portland.
- October 5, 1877, Chief Joseph surrenders to General Nelson Appleton Miles after leading the Nez Perce on a strategic retreat out of the Wallowa Valley.
- October 12, 1962, the Columbus Day Storm does extensive damage in Western Oregon.
- October 25, 1906, the vessel Peter Iredale shipwrecks on the Clatsop Spit where it still rests in what is now a state park.
- October 28, 1947, Governor Earl Snell, Oregon Secretary of State Robert S. Farrell, Jr., and State Senate President Marshall E. Cornett all die in a small plane crash in Southern Oregon.