Portal:Pennsylvania/Did you know/1
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ... that the Pennsylvania Hospital (pictured), cofounded by Benjamin Franklin, was the first hospital in the United States?
- ... that the Curse of Billy Penn is an alleged curse that may explain the failures of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania professional sports teams?
- ... that the U.S. federal government sold the disputed Erie Triangle region to Pennsylvania in 1792 so that state would have a freshwater port?
- ... that Lake Nockamixon is the start of a whitewater kayaking course going through northern Bucks County, Pennsylvania?
- ... that the American Bridge Company, builders of four of the world's tallest buildings, was founded on land in Ambridge, Pennsylvania that was bought from the Harmony Society, whose celibacy practice led to their decline?