Portal:Pittsburgh/Did you know/5
- ...that Edward Manning Bigelow (pictured) is known as the "father of Pittsburgh's parks"?
- ... that on April 5, 1933, the Independent Brewing Company of Pittsburgh sent President Roosevelt a case of low point beer to celebrate the passing of the Cullen–Harrison Act?
- ... that the 1952 Pittsburgh Pirates, the worst Pirates team of the 20th century, were so bad that their catcher Joe Garagiola later said "In an eight-team league, we should've finished ninth"?
- ... that evidence from Gerald Gardner, a man who served as president of the Pittsburgh chapter of the National Organization for Women, led to a ban on sex-segregated help wanted ads, a ruling upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court in a 1973 ruling?
- ... that University of Pittsburgh basketball player DeJuan Blair grew up 600 yards (550 m)* from the university's campus?
- ... that demand for beer from Pittsburgh's East End Brewing Company spiked after the Pittsburgh Steelers won Super Bowl XLIII?