The slip knot is a stopper knot which is easily undone by pulling the tail (working end). The slip knot is related to the running knot, which will release when the standing end is pulled. Both knots are identical and are composed of a slipped overhand knot, where a bight allows the knot be released by pulling on an end; the working end for a slip knot, and the standing end for a running knot. The slip knot is used as a starting point for crochet and knitting.
Disasterpieces is the second video album by American band Slipknot. Released on November 22, 2002, the 2-disc DVD features Slipknot performing a concert at London Dockland Arena, as well all of the bands music videos up until its release including songs from Slipknot and Iowa.
The concert was filmed by 26 cameras, including cameras on the headstock of a guitar and a "first person" point of view of several band-members. The show was edited in part by band member Shawn Crahan who watched all of the footage recorded from the show. Disasterpieces was met with positive critical reception, with many citing the quick editing and high sound quality as strong points. In 2005 the DVD was certified quadruple platinum by the RIAA and is the band highest selling product to date.
Nathan Jonas "Joey" Jordison (born April 26, 1975) is an American musician, songwriter, and record producer. He is a co-founder and the primary drummer for the Grammy Award winning band Slipknot and the guitarist for the horror punk band Murderdolls.
While growing up in Des Moines, Iowa, Jordison quickly developed an interest in music; learning to play the guitar and drums. Jordison joined multiple bands throughout his high school years, which lead to him being invited to join The Pale Ones, at age 20. Jordison immediately embraced the idea and quickly became involved in all aspects of the band, which evolved into Slipknot. Jordison's dedication to music has led to performances and work with many other bands over his career, including Metallica, Korn, Ministry, Satyricon, OTEP, Marilyn Manson, and 3 Inches of Blood.
- March 10: Donnie Steele is announced to fill in as the touring Bass player in 2011 upon the death of Paul Gray.
- May 24: Paul Gray found dead in Iowa.
- January 11: Snuff music video is featured on iTunes.
- December 18: Slipknot releases the new "Snuff" Video.
- December 8: Corey Taylor's Birthday
- September 24: Shawn Crahan's Birthday
- July 18: The music video for "Psychosocial" is premièred on MTV
- July 12: Slipknot announces plans for the band's "Tattered and Torn" clothing line
- July 9: Sid Wilson breaks both of his heels during the opening day of Mayhem Festival, to perform remainder of tour in a wheelchair
- June 15: New single, "All Hope Is Gone", is released
- June 15: All Hope Is Gone is set for August 26 release
- February 24: Chris Fehn's Birthday.
- February 11: Craig "133" Jones' Birthday.
- February 2, 2008: Slipknot is named 6th best live band, all-time, by Parader Magazine.
Did you know...
- ...Slipknot's logo, the nonagram, is a nine sided star, and that each point represents a member of the band?
- ...Slipknot went under the name of Meld under their first live performance?
- ...Iowa was rated 3rd in the UK magazine Kerrang!'s "The 50 Best Albums of the 21st Century" reader poll?
- ...Slipknot has released five studio albums and one live album, the most recent being .5: The Gray Chapter in October 17, 2014 ?
Things to do
Ways to help out
- Post in the Noticeboard.
- Fix any grammar/spelling mistakes.
- Edit the "Did you know?" Section constantly.
- Invite more people to this Portal
- Fix up any bad sections.