The Legend of Zelda Portal
The Legend of Zelda is a series of video games created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka in 1986, with the release of the first game, The Legend of Zelda. The adventures follow protagonist Link as he saves the land of Hyrule (or, in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Termina also in The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Lorule), rescues the Princess Zelda, and follows numerous other plots. The series also revolves around a main plot of getting a sacred treasure called the Triforce, which can grant unlimited wishes. The gameplay consists of a mixture of action, adventure, role-playing, puzzle-solving, and occasional platforming and racing elements. The series is known for its beautiful and inspiring settings, creative gameplay, interesting characters, stirring original music, and high overall production values.
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, known in Japan as Zelda no Densetsu: Kaze no Takuto (ゼルダの伝説 風のタクト Zeruda no Densetsu Kaze no Takuto, lit. "The Legend of Zelda: Baton of Wind"), is an action-adventure game and the tenth installment in The Legend of Zelda series. It was released for the Nintendo GameCube in Japan on December 13, 2002, in North America on March 24, 2003, in Europe on May 3, 2003, and in Australia on May 7, 2003. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the Nintendo DS is the direct sequel to The Wind Waker.
The game is set on a group of islands in a vast sea—a first for the series. What lies beneath this sea are the ruins of the kingdom of Hyrule from Ocarina of Time. The player controls Link, the protagonist of the Zelda series. He struggles against his nemesis, Ganondorf, for control of a sacred relic known as the Triforce. Link spends a significant portion of the game sailing, traveling between islands, and traversing through dungeons and temples to gain the power necessary to defeat Ganondorf. He also spends time trying to find his little sister.
The Wind Waker follows in the footsteps of Ocarina of Time, retaining the basic gameplay and control system from the Nintendo 64 title. A heavy emphasis is placed on using and controlling wind with a baton called the Wind Waker, which aids sailing and floating in air.
Did you know...
- "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this." - The Old Man in the cave.
- "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" - Happy Mask Salesman
- "Link ... You are the light - our light - that must shine upon Hyrule once again." - Zelda
- "It's a secret to everybody." - Moblin
- "The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik
- "I'll grant you the honor of carrying me." - Ruto
- "If you ever meet my brother, let him know... The thousands years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears. The thunder that strikes the earth is my anger." - Composer's Ghost
- "By no way should you grow impatient. Impatience brings uneasiness and distracts the heart." - Unknown
- "I was King Rhoam Bosphoramous Hyrule. I was... the last leader of Hyrule. A kingdom which no longer exists" - King Rhoam Bosphoramous Hyrule
- "Dodongo dislikes smoke." - Old Man