The Legend of Zelda Portal
The Legend of Zelda is a series of video games created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka in 1986, with the release of the first game, The Legend of Zelda. The adventures follow protagonist Link as he saves the land of Hyrule (or, in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Termina also in The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Lorule), rescues the Princess Zelda, and follows numerous other plots. The series also revolves around a main plot of getting a sacred treasure called the Triforce, which can grant unlimited wishes. The gameplay consists of a mixture of action, adventure, role-playing, puzzle-solving, and occasional platforming and racing elements. The series is known for its beautiful and inspiring settings, creative gameplay, interesting characters, stirring original music, and high overall production values.
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages are two action-adventure games developed by Flagship and published by Nintendo and the seventh and eighth installments in The Legend of Zelda video game series. They were released on February 27, 2001 in Japan, May 14, 2001 in North America, and October 5, 2001 in Europe for the Nintendo Game Boy Color. The game features a brighter color palette when played on a Nintendo Game Boy Advance in order to make up for the darkness of the screen, and a special shop is also made available.
After experimenting with porting the original The Legend of Zelda to the Game Boy Color, Yoshiki Okamoto's Flagship team began developing three interconnected Zelda games that could be played in any order. The complexity of this system led the team to cancel one game; the remaining two were adapted into Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages. The two games, released simultaneously, interact via a Game Link Cable and a password system.
In Seasons, the Triforce transports Link to the land of Holodrum, where he witnesses the kidnapping of Din, the Oracle of Seasons, by Onox. In Ages, the Triforce transports Link to Labrynna, where Nayru is kidnapped by Veran. The main plot is revealed once the player completes both games. The player controls Link from an overhead perspective, using basic controls copied from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for the Game Boy. Link is armed with a sword and shield as well as a variety of secondary weapons and items for battling enemies and solving puzzles. The central items of the games are the Rod of Seasons, which manipulates the seasons of Holodrum, and the Harp of Ages, which allows Link to travel through time in Labrynna. Link gathers the eight Essences of Nature and the eight Essences of Time, hidden in dungeons and guarded by bosses, to obtain the power to penetrate Onox's castle and Veran's tower.
Did you know...
- "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this." - The Old Man in the cave.
- "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" - Happy Mask Salesman
- "Link ... You are the light - our light - that must shine upon Hyrule once again." - Zelda
- "It's a secret to everybody." - Moblin
- "The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik
- "I'll grant you the honor of carrying me." - Ruto
- "If you ever meet my brother, let him know... The thousands years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears. The thunder that strikes the earth is my anger." - Composer's Ghost
- "By no way should you grow impatient. Impatience brings uneasiness and distracts the heart." - Unknown
- "I was King Rhoam Bosphoramous Hyrule. I was... the last leader of Hyrule. A kingdom which no longer exists" - King Rhoam Bosphoramous Hyrule
- "Dodongo dislikes smoke." - Old Man