|Category:Rail transport timelines
- 1934 – The Budd Company completes construction of the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad's Pioneer Zephyr.
- 1964 – British Rail ends passenger train traffic on the former Darvel Branch in Scotland.
- 1984 – Saltaire station is reopened in West Yorkshire, England, by the West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive nearly twenty years after it was closed by British Railways.
- 1872 – Erastus Corning, who established railroads in New York and was instrumental in the formation of New York Central, dies (b. 1794).
- 1993 – Robert B. Claytor, president of Norfolk and Western Railway, dies (b. 1922).