From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Category:Rail transport timelines
- 1838 – The Philadelphia, Wilmington and Baltimore Railroad (PW&B), Wilmington and Susquehanna Railroad and Baltimore and Port Deposite Rail Road merge, keeping the PW&B name.
- 1868 – The Columbus and Indiana Central Railway and Chicago and Great Eastern Railway merge to form the Columbus, Chicago and Indiana Central Railway.
- 1880 – The Tawas and Bay County Railroad in Michigan purchases the Lake Huron and Southwestern Railway.
- 1885 – The Kansas City, Clinton and Springfield Railway is incorporated in Missouri.
- 1900 – The Escanaba and Lake Superior Railway is reorganized through bankruptcy proceedings as the Escanaba and Lake Superior Railroad.
- "Railroad History Timeline: 1880". MichiganRailroads.com. Retrieved February 12, 2006.
- "Corporate History Kansas City, Fort Scott & Memphis Railroad Company". Truman Area Community Network. Retrieved February 12, 2006.
- Duchaine, William (December 27, 1950). "History of Escanaba and Lake Superior Railroad". Retrieved February 12, 2006.