- February 26
- 1847 – The Somerville and Easton Railroad, a predecessor of the Central Railroad of New Jersey, is chartered.
- 1973 – Chessie System (pictured) is incorporated to become the parent corporation of a combined B&O/C&O/WM railroad system.
- 2005 – Ground is broken for a new light rail commuter service in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- 2005 – AVE Class 102 trains enter regular operation on the Madrid-Zaragoza-Lleida line.
- "Railroad Fallen Flags: C". Classic Trains. Waukesha, WI: Kalmbach Publishing. June 26, 2006. Retrieved February 26, 2008.
- "Magdalena Álvarez presenta los nuevos trenes AVE S-102]," (PDF). Spanish Transport Ministry. 23 February 2005.