From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- May 7
- 1860 – The Royal Bavarian State Railways opens connecting Rosenheim, Prien and Traunstein.
- 1867 – The Windsor and Annapolis Railway (pictured) is incorporated in Nova Scotia.
- 1913 – Tracklaying begins on the Graysonia, Nashville and Ashdown Railroad (a predecessor of Kansas City Southern Railway) between Murfreesboro and Shawmut, Arkansas.
- 1957 – The Flying Yankee trainset is retired from revenue service on the Boston & Maine and Maine Central railroads.
- Smith, Ivan (1998). "Significant Dates in Nova Scotia's Railway History (1850- 1899)". The Railways of Canada Archives. Retrieved May 5, 2006.
- Pitcher, Charles; Manager of DOT Compliance, Kansas City Southern Railway (reprinted by the Kansas City Southern Historical Society). "The Kansas City Southern Lines". Retrieved May 5, 2006.