|Category:Rail transport timelines
- 1911 – Construction of the Usambara Railway in German East Africa reaches Moshi at Mount Kilimanjaro.
- 1964 – California Western Railroad motorcar number M-80 is destroyed in a head-on collision with motorcar number M-100.
- 1968 – Recycling former FM Erie-built diesel locomotives, Canadian Pacific Railway opens a new continuous welded rail plant in Smiths Falls, Ontario.
- 1980 – Alkmaar Noord railway station in the Netherlands is opened.
- 1993 – The southern portion of the former Northwestern Pacific Railroad south of Willits, California, is leased to a private operator which adopts the former railroad's name for operations.
- 2005 –
- Commuter rail service between Athens and Corinth is officially inaugurated by the Hellenic Railways Organisation (OSE).
- At around 11:30 PM local time, Maoist rebels in the Indian state of Bihar explode a bomb at one of Indian Railways' train stations.
- Sound Transit introduces a fourth Sounder passenger train in daily service between Seattle and Tacoma, Washington.
- 2015 – Ningbo Rail Transit Line 2 opens connecting Lishe International Airport Station to Qingshuipu Station.
- 1837 – Allen Manvel, president of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway 1889–1893, is born (d. 1893).
- 1884 – John W. Garrett, president of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad beginning in 1858, dies (b. 1820).
- 1928 – Arthur Stilwell, president of Kansas City Southern Railroad 1897–1900, dies (b. 1859).
- Rivanna Chapter, National Railway Historical Society (2005). "This month in railroad history: September". Retrieved September 26, 2006.
- "Significant dates in Ottawa railway history". Colin Churcher's Railway Pages. August 26, 2006. Retrieved September 26, 2006.
- Sierra Railroad (2005). "Skunk Train History". Retrieved September 26, 2006.
- "Railroad Fallen Flags: L-O". Classic Trains Magazine. Kalmbach Publishing. 2006. Retrieved September 26, 2006.
- "Athens-Corinth suburban railway line launched by transport minister Liapis". ANA. September 27, 2005. Retrieved September 27, 2005.
- "Maoist rebels blow up a railway station in Bihar". WebIndia123. September 27, 2005. Retrieved September 28, 2005.
- Pitcher, Charles (July 1950). "The Kansas City Southern Lines". Kansas City Southern Historical Society. Retrieved September 26, 2006.