Portal:United Kingdom/Did you know/May 2007
- ...that Charlotte Stuart (pictured) was the illegitimate daughter of Bonnie Prince Charlie, and the secret mistress of the Archbishop of Bordeaux?
- ...that the University of Cambridge denied Edward A. Irving a PhD when he submitted evidence supporting continental drift?
- ...that Ann Ebsworth was the first female High Court judge to be assigned to the Queen's Bench Division, the previous five having all been assigned to the Family Division?
- ...that the statue of the Virgin and Child in the porch of the University Church of St Mary the Virgin in Oxford was cited as evidence in Archbishop Laud's execution trial, and has bullet holes made by Oliver Cromwell's troops?
- ...that Sir Francis Mitchell was the last British knight of the realm to be publicly degraded?