Portal:Viruses/Did you know/7
- ...that in 1974, Rudolf Jaenisch and Beatrice Mintz created the first transgenic mouse (example pictured) by injecting DNA from simian virus 40?
- ...that double-stranded RNA viruses cause everything from gastroenteritis in young children to bluetongue disease in livestock?
- ...that Inventing the AIDS Virus, written by molecular biologist Peter Duesberg, argues that AIDS is not infectious and that HIV is an unrelated passenger virus?
- ..that during the 1967 outbreak of foot and mouth disease in the United Kingdom, around 430,000 animals were slaughtered?
- ...that proteins from pokeweed have shown antiviral properties?