This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genre(s)||Action role-playing, survival|
Portal Knights is an independent survival action role-playing video game developed by Keen Games and published by 505 Games. It was first released on Steam on 25 February 2016 and subsequently released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS.
The game left Early Access on 18 May 2017 and was also released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on the same day. It was later released on the Nintendo Switch eShop on 23 November 2017, and then through retail on 13 February 2018.
The game's first mobile release took place on 6 December 2017, when it was released for both Android and iOS.
Portal Knights combines exploration and building elements with role-playing aspects. It provides a multiplayer sandbox environment, in which players can explore, fight monsters and build.
The player can craft items such as pickaxes, swords and tools to smash blocks, fight monsters, and construct elaborate buildings, armour and weapons. It shares many similarities with the game Minecraft, both graphically and with the crafting and construction element. The art style of the game was inspired by JRPG games such as the Legend of Zelda series.
The game can be played both alone and with friends, supporting online play with up to 4 players simultaneously in the same world.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2016)
The game received "mixed or average" reviews from review aggregator Metacritic on all platforms except for Xbox One, which received "generally positive" reviews.
In December 2016, Deutscher Entwicklerpreis Awards 2016 selected Portal Knights as their choice for "Best Online Game 2016". The game was also nominated for Deutscher Entwicklerpreis' "Best Game Design", "Best Technical Achievement" and "Best German Game". 
- Macy, Seth G. (2016-02-04). "505 Games Announces Sandbox 3D RPG Portal Knights". IGN. Retrieved 2019-02-15.
- "We leave Early Access TOMORROW - Portal Knights". Portal Knights. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- "Portal Knights Twitter". Portal Knights on Twitter. Retrieved 2017-11-16.
- Reseigh-Lincoln, Dom (February 13, 2018). "Portal Knights Gets A Retail Release In North America, Plus Chinese New Year Content". Nintendo Life. Retrieved February 13, 2018.
- Roffel, Adam (2017-12-06). "Portal Knights coming to iOS and Android". GamesReviews. Retrieved 2019-02-15.
- Martin, Liam (2019-01-01). "PS Plus January 2019 FREE PS4 games countdown: Steep, Portal Knights join PlayStation Plus". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-02-15.
- "Portal Knights Is Like Minecraft Meets Diablo (First PS4 Gameplay)". IGN. 2017-04-20. Retrieved 2019-02-15.
- "Portal Knights Official Developer Insights Part 1". IGN. 2016-02-23. Retrieved 2019-02-15.
- "Portal Knights for PC Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- "Portal Knights for PlayStation 4 Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- "Portal Knights for Xbox One Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- "Portal Knights for Switch Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- "All Winners of the German Game Developer Awards 2016". Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- Nelson, Jared (2017-12-08). "TouchArcade Game of the Week: 'Portal Knights'". TouchArcade. Retrieved 2019-02-15.