|Release date||November 8, 2018|
|Operating system||(Unknown) On-board AI|
Portal is a brand of smart displays (screen-enhanced smart speakers) developed by Facebook. The devices, the 10.1-inch (260 mm) Portal and the 15.6-inch (400 mm) Portal Plus (stylized as Portal+), offer video chat via Facebook Messenger, augmented by a smart-camera which can auto-zoom and follow people around when they move around. The devices are integrated with Amazon's voice-controlled intelligent personal assistant service Alexa. On November 8, 2018, Facebook announced the selling and shipment of both Portal and Portal Plus devices.
- "Facebook Made You a Smart-Home Device With a Camera on It". WIRED. Retrieved 2018-11-16.
- Kelion, Leo (8 October 2018). "Facebook Portal video chat screens raise privacy concerns". BBC News. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- Constine, John (October 9, 2018). "Facebook launches Portal auto-zooming video chat screens for $199/$349". TechCrunch.
- Newman, Peter (October 9, 2018). "Facebook unveils Alexa-powered Portal smart speakers". Business Insider.
- Smith, Dave (October 15, 2018). "The curious timing of Facebook's first hardware product, the $200 'Portal'". Business Insider.
- "Facebook's Portal video chat devices launch today". The Verge. Retrieved 2018-11-10.