Portal talk:Information technology
|WikiProject Technology||(Rated Portal-class)|
|WikiProject Computing||(Rated Portal-class)|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Information technology page.
There is a link to the Technical Communication category under both Computing and Information Technology. Probably doesn't need to be listed twice.
- This is an old post so the issue is fixed already. Some comments about the input:
- (a) sign your name ~~~~ to enable the communication (aka response)
- (b) use Wikipedia links such as Category:Technical communication and Category:Information Technology to help whoever is trying to answer/find/see the problem right away.
- (c) Categorization (see Wikipedia:Categories for discussion) is very complicated issue and while I have an opinion (doesn't everybody?) about it, I would leave it to more experienced editors and work on fixing the articles (one page at the time?). You can choose the same or go looking for the origin of Wikipedia...Gpeja (talk) 15:53, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
Selected article for how long?
OpenBSD has been a "selected article" on this portal as long as I can remember.
- @Gpeja: Automatic archiving doesn't happen instantly - the bot runs every 24 hours or so. I've undone your manual archiving and will keep an eye on the page to check that the bot does its job. -- John of Reading (talk) 06:11, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
- @Gpeja: That's because the talk page Portal talk:Information technology/Archive 1 has no matching portal page Portal:Information technology/Archive 1 - the portal itself has no archives. That's usual for talk page archives; see for example User talk:John of Reading/Archive 1. -- John of Reading (talk) 06:42, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
There are many pages of computer books. I think there are all low importance and only need to contain information about the book itself such as topics covered (summary), editions and reviews. Please comment. Gpeja (talk) 02:40, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
Many of them are not under Category:Computer books. Please help categorize them. Use subcategories whenever possible and work on expanding article List of computer books Gpeja (talk) 16:44, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
- @Gpeja: Portal talk pages like this one are really only for discussing improvements to the portal itself. Not many editors watch these pages. If you want to contact the editors most interested in the subject, you would do better to post at the talk page of a Wikiproject, perhaps Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Computing or Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Books. -- John of Reading (talk) 17:59, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
What do you think, it makes sense to have an article about Database altering? (ALTER TABLE table_name ADD column_name datatype). If this concept doesn't deserve a Wikipedia article, then maybe it should be explained in the Wiktionary? — Ark25 (talk) 19:56, 2 March 2017 (UTC)