Portal talk:Royal Navy
|WikiProject Ships||(Rated Portal-class)|
I think the page Royal Naval Service should be merged into this one.
(Spacevezon 06:35, 20 April 2007 (UTC))
- It could be, although the Royal Naval Service also includes the Royal Marines, the Fleet Auxiliary, etc., in addition to the Royal Navy, so there is some (admittedly limited) justification for maintaining two portals. However, I don't have strong feelings on the subject, so if you want to redirect the pages of Portal:Royal Naval Service to the corresponding pages in this one, that shouldn't be a problem. Carom 13:35, 20 April 2007 (UTC)
I have created a shortcut for the Royal Air Force (P:RAF), but I am having a problem with the Royal Navy. What is the "proper" abbreviation / shortcut for the Royal Navy? Is it RN, UKRN, etc.?... Thanks for your assistance. - NDCompuGeek 22:18, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
- I think "RN" should probably suffice (unless, of course, there is a portal on "registered nurses"). Carom 22:22, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
- Three procedures for entering harbour, Alpha, Bravo and Charlie. Charlie is routine, Bravo is all personnel who are not Special Sea Dutymen muster on the upper deck in daily working rig and Alpha is in Nos1. Normally in a DD/ FF the Officers would line the bridge wings, the SR and JRs would line the waist. On something with a half deck or hanger wings (like a T42) the SRs would line there.
- ALR (talk) 11:58, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, on the flat tops the ships company is big enough that they can do that.
- I haven't got any credible sources, and fwiw I'm not sure it wouldn't immediately be culled by someone as non notable. There might be some substance in a ceremonial on entering and leaving harbour article though.
- ALR (talk) 18:11, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
- You could easily fit it in at Customs and traditions of the Royal Navy (which needs a hell of a lot of work by the way). A section entitled "Harbour procedures" would work well. You should be able to source it off the RN website, I might have a go if I get some time. Woody (talk) 19:01, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
I've spent an hour looking for the Royal Navy's badge see Royal Air Force Badge for the RAF's one. It's got an anchor on it and ships on the crest and the words Royal navy under. but no image on the internet? any volunteers? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 16:28, 26 March 2010 (UTC)