Portbou railway station
Aerial view of the station
|Location||Carrer Claudi Planas
|Operated by||Renfe Operadora and SNCF|
Portbou is a railway station serving Portbou in Catalonia, Spain. It is on the Barcelona–Cerbère railway and the Narbonne–Portbou railway. The station is owned by Adif and is served by Rodalies de Catalunya regional line R11 and Girona commuter rail service line RG1. SNCF-operated TER Languedoc-Roussillon and Intercités trains also serve the station.
The station is a border railway station where all trains have to stop, as those coming from/going into France have to change gauge from 1,668 mm (5 ft 5 21⁄32 in) Iberian gauge to 1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge. Between Cerbère railway station and Portbou railway station, both track gauges run together.
|Preceding station||Rodalies de Catalunya||Following station|
Outbound Regional (R) services only
|Preceding station||SNCF||Following station|
|TER Languedoc-Roussillon 2|
|TER Languedoc-Roussillon 5|
- "Listado de líneas y estaciones" [List of railway lines and stations] (PDF) (in Spanish). Ministry of Public Works and Transport, Government of Spain. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- Portbou listing at Adif website
- Portbou listing at Rodalies de Catalunya website
- Information and photos of the station at trenscat.cat (Catalan)
- Information on the dual-gauge rail link with France
|This article about a railway station in Catalonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|