Porter County Regional Airport
|Porter County Regional Airport|
|IATA: VPZ – ICAO: KVPZ – FAA LID: VPZ|
|Owner||Porter County Municipal Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||770 ft / 235 m|
Porter County Regional Airport (IATA: VPZ, ICAO: KVPZ, FAA LID: VPZ) (formerly Porter County Municipal Airport) is a public use airport located one nautical mile (1.8 km) southeast of the central business district of Valparaiso, a city in Porter County, Indiana, United States. It is owned by the Porter County Municipal Airport Authority.
Facilities and aircraft
Porter County Regional Airport covers an area of 718 acres (291 ha) at an elevation of 770 feet (235 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 9/27 is 7,001 by 150 feet (2,134 x 46 m) and 18/36 is 4,001 by 75 feet (1,220 x 23 m).
For period ending September 23, 2010, the airport had 69,888 aircraft operations, an average of 191 per day: 96.9% general aviation, 2.0% air taxi and 1.1% military. At that time there were 168 aircraft based at this airport: 82% single-engine, 9% multi-engine, 6% jet, and 3% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for VPZ ( PDF), effective 2009-05-07.
- Porter Co. airport now called ‘regional’
- Porter County Regional Airport, official site
- Aerial photo from Indiana Department of Transportation
- Aerial photo as of 11 April 1998 from USGS The National Map via MSR Maps
- FAA Terminal Procedures for VPZ, effective July 21, 2016
- Resources for this airport: