|Elevation||472 ft (144 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||812, 930|
|GNIS feature ID||441469|
Portersville was established in about 1818. It is reportedly the oldest town in Dubois County, and was selected as the county seat of Dubois County before it was changed to Jasper. A post office was established at Portersville in 1821, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1909.
Portersville is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Portersville, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2016-07-05.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 269. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
This village was founded around 1818...
- Wilson, George R. (1910). History of Dubois County from Its Primitive Days to 1910. p. 353.
- "Dubois County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
|This Dubois County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|