Portland Municipal Airport (Indiana)
Portland Municipal Airport
|Owner||City of Portland|
|Elevation AMSL||925 ft / 282 m|
Portland Municipal Airport (ICAO: KPLD, FAA LID: PLD) is a city-owned, public-use airport located one nautical mile (2 km) northwest of the central business district of Portland, a city in Jay County, Indiana, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned PLD by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned PLD to Playa Samara, Costa Rica).
Facilities and aircraft
Portland Municipal Airport covers an area of 45 acres (18 ha) at an elevation of 925 feet (282 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 9/27 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,002 by 75 feet (1,220 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2009, the airport had 7,737 aircraft operations, an average of 21 per day: 80% general aviation, 19% military, and 1% air taxi. At that time there were 22 aircraft based at this airport: 54.5% multi-engine and 45.5% single-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for PLD ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
"2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- "Portland Municipal Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KPLD, FAA: PLD)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (PLD: Playa Samara)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Playa Samara Airport, Costa Rica (IATA: PLD)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- Aerial photo from Indiana DOT at the Wayback Machine (archived August 15, 2010)
- Aerial image as of March 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for PLD, effective January 2, 2020
- Resources for this airport: