Portland Transportation Center
The Downeaster at Portland Transportation Center in 2010
|Location||100 Thompson's Point Road|
|Owned by||Concord Coach Lines|
|Line(s)||PAR Mountain Branch|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Tracks||2 (excluding storage tracks)|
|Connections||Greater Portland Metro Bus, Greater Portland Transit District, Concord Coach Lines|
|Opened||1996 (bus station)|
|Rebuilt||2001 (train station)|
|Passengers (2017)||171,257 1.92%|
Portland Transportation Center is a bus and train station in Portland, Maine, served and run primarily by Concord Coach Lines (18 round-trips a day) and Amtrak Downeaster passenger trains (five round-trips a day). It is also served by Megabus (via Concord Coach Lines), as well as the Greater Portland Metro Bus Route 1 and the Greater Portland Metro Bus Express Bus Service to Freeport, Maine. The station is open from 4:30 AM to 12:15 AM and from 2:45 AM to 3:15 AM.
Portland Transportation Center is located in Portland's Libbytown neighborhood, about a half mile west of the former Portland Union Station. It is located next to Pan Am Railways' Mountain Branch, formerly the Mountain Division of the Maine Central Railroad. In 2019, the NNERPA Board (which governs the Downeaster service) supported a proposal to relocate the station to the mainline to avoid time-consuming backup moves.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, Fiscal Year 2017, State of Maine" (PDF). Amtrak. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- "Portland, ME to Boston & Logan Airport". Concord Coach Lines. 12 September 2010. Retrieved 30 October 2010.
- Full Schedule | Amtrak Downeaster
- "Concord Coach Lines: Agency Information for Portland, Maine". Concord Coach Lines. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- Deans, Emma (8 July 2010). "Welcome to Nowhere | Reconnecting an amputated neighborhood". The Bollard. Archived from the original on 31 July 2010. Retrieved 12 July 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Portland Station Relocation Project". TrainRiders/Northeast. April 12, 2019. Archived from the original on April 14, 2019.
Media related to Portland Transportation Center at Wikimedia Commons
- Portland, ME – Amtrak
- Portland Amtrak Station & Transportation Center (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Concord Coach Lines Homepage
- METRO - Greater Portland Transit District, Portland Bus Route 5 Schedule
- Portland, ME (POR) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
|This Maine train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|