|Location||100 Thompson's Point Road|
|Owned by||Concord Coach Lines|
|Line(s)||PAR Mountain Branch|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Tracks||2 (excluding storage tracks)|
|Station code||Amtrak: POR|
|Opened||1996 (bus station)|
|Rebuilt||2001 (train station)|
|FY 2022||145,776 (Amtrak)|
Portland Transportation Center is a bus and train station in Portland, Maine, United States, served and run primarily by Concord Coach Lines (18 round-trips a day) and Amtrak Downeaster passenger trains (five round-trips a day). It is also served by Megabus (via Concord Coach Lines), as well as the Greater Portland Metro route 1 and BREEZ bus services. The station is open from 4:30 AM to 12:15 AM and from 2:45 AM to 3:15 AM.
Portland Transportation Center is located in Portland's Libbytown neighborhood, about a half mile west of the former site of Portland Union Station. It is located next to Pan Am Railways' Mountain Branch, formerly the Mountain Division of the Maine Central Railroad. In 2019, the NNERPA Board (which governs the Downeaster service) supported a proposal to relocate the station to the mainline to avoid time-consuming backup moves. A two-year study by the Maine Department of Transportation endorsed moving Amtrak service from this station to a location near that of Portland's original Union Station, on St. John's Street.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, Fiscal Year 2022: State of Maine" (PDF). Amtrak. June 2023. Retrieved August 30, 2023.
- "Portland, ME to Boston & Logan Airport". Concord Coach Lines. September 12, 2010. Retrieved October 30, 2010.
- Full Schedule | Amtrak Downeaster
- "Route Maps". Greater Portland Metro Bus. Retrieved April 15, 2022.
- "Concord Coach Lines: Agency Information for Portland, Maine". Concord Coach Lines. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Deans, Emma (July 8, 2010). "Welcome to Nowhere | Reconnecting an amputated neighborhood". The Bollard. Archived from the original on July 31, 2010. Retrieved July 12, 2010.
- "Portland Station Relocation Project". TrainRiders/Northeast. April 12, 2019. Archived from the original on April 14, 2019.
- "Report recommends relocating Amtrak Downeaster station". WMTW. February 25, 2021. Retrieved March 2, 2021.
Media related to Portland Transportation Center at Wikimedia Commons