Portland Transportation Center
Sign at the entrance to the Portland Transportation Center
|Location||100 Thompson's Point Road|
Portland, ME 04102
|Owned by||Concord Coach Lines|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Tracks||2 (excluding storage tracks)|
|Connections||Greater Portland Metro Bus, Greater Portland Transit District, Concord Coach Lines, Megabus (via Concord Coach Lines), private taxis|
|Parking||Yes: $4.00 per day with train/bus receipt, $6.00 per day without receipt|
|Opened||1996 (bus station)|
|Rebuilt||2001 (train station)|
|Passengers (2017)||171,257 1.92%|
Portland Transportation Center is a bus and train station in Portland, Maine, served and run primarily by Concord Coach Lines (18 round-trips a day) and Amtrak Downeaster passenger trains (five round-trips a day). It is also served by Megabus (via Concord Coach Lines), as well as the Greater Portland Metro Bus Route 1 and the Greater Portland Metro Bus Express Bus Service to Freeport, Maine. The station is open from 4:30 AM to 12:15 AM and from 2:45 AM to 3:15 AM.
On average, nearly 500 passengers boarded or detrained Amtrak services daily at Portland in fiscal year 2010, making it the most popular Amtrak station in Maine.
Portland Transportation Center is located in Portland's Libbytown neighborhood, about a half mile west of the former Portland Union Station. It is located next to Pan Am Railways' Mountain Branch, formerly the Mountain Division of the Maine Central Railroad.
- "Concord Coach Lines: Agency Information for Portland, Maine". Concord Coach Lines. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, Fiscal Year 2017, State of Maine" (PDF). Amtrak. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- "Portland, ME to Boston & Logan Airport". Concord Coach Lines. 12 September 2010. Retrieved 30 October 2010.
- Full Schedule | Amtrak Downeaster
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2010, State of Maine" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-06. External link in
- Deans, Emma (8 July 2010). "Welcome to Nowhere | Reconnecting an amputated neighborhood". The Bollard. Archived from the original on 31 July 2010. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- Media related to Portland Transportation Center at Wikimedia Commons
- Portland, ME – Amtrak
- Portland Amtrak Station & Transportation Center (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Concord Coach Lines Homepage
- METRO - Greater Portland Transit District, Portland Bus Route 5 Schedule
- Portland Transportation Center -- Greater Portland Maine Transportation Page
- Portland, ME (POR) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
|This Maine train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|