Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up portmanteau in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A portmanteau is a word or morpheme whose form and meaning are derived from a blending of two or more distinct forms, e.g., smog from smoke and fog.
Portmanteau may also refer to:
- Portmanteau (luggage), a case or bag to carry clothes in that usually opens into two equally sized compartments
- Portmanteau (mail), a specialized mail bag
- Portmanteau film, a film made up of several short films that interrelate
- Portmanteau inhibitor, in pharmaceuticals, a drug which molecularly combines the active portions of two inhibitor-class drugs
- Portmanteau test, in statistics, a test applied to autocorrelations of a time series
- Portmanteau theorem on convergence of measures in probability theory
- Border towns in the United States with portmanteau names
- List of portmanteaus
- Portamento, in music, a continuous change in pitch (unrelated)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Portmanteau.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.