From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up portmanteau in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A portmanteau is a word made by combining pieces of two other words.
Portmanteau may also refer to:
- Portmanteau (luggage), a case or bag to carry clothes in that usually opens into two equally sized compartments
- Portmanteau (mail), a specialized mail bag
- Portmanteau film, a film made up of several short films that interrelate
- Portmanteau inhibitor, in pharmaceuticals, a drug which molecularly combines the active portions of two inhibitor-class drugs
- Portmanteau test, in statistics, a test applied to autocorrelations of a time series
- Portmanteau theorem on convergence of measures in probability theory
- Border towns in the United States with portmanteau names
- List of portmanteaus
- Portamento, in music, a continuous change in pitch (unrelated)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Portmanteau.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.