|Developer(s)||Anthropics Technology Ltd|
|Stable release||12.2.1 / April 19, 2014|
|Operating system||Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Raster graphics editor|
Portrait Professional or Portrait Pro is Windows and Mac based portrait enhancement software targeted at professional and keen amateur photographers. Developed by Anthropics Technology Ltd  and first released in July 2006, it has been in continuous development ever since. The current software, version 12 was released in March 2014. Portrait Pro and Portrait Pro Studio are image editors for Windows and Mac OS X, specifically targeted at editing portrait photographs.
Rather than using brushes as a traditional image editor does, the user of Portrait Professional first describes where the face is in the picture, then most of the transformations are done through sliders. One of the unique, but controversial features is the ability to automatically reshape the face to fit a model of beauty.
- Automatically detect faces in an image
- Reshape all or any aspect of the face
- Fix skin blemishes such as spots or pimples
- Smooth out and neaten hair
- Thicken and re-color hair.
- Reduce and/or remove wrinkles
- Remove grease, sweat or shine highlights from the skin
- Adjust the lighting on the face
- Remove red eye
- Recolor eyes
- Whiten teeth and eyes
- Sharpen individual features like eyes, eyebrows, nose and mouth
Portrait Professional is available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean and Japanese.
The cultural impact of airbrushing software being readily available to anyone is a proliferation of airbrushed images being used on social media profiles and online dating sites. 
Portrait editing software such as Portrait Professional enables anyone to easily alter their own portrait photographs, making themselves look younger, with less wrinkles and blemishes.
My Perfect Picture
Portrait Professional was originally known as My Perfect Picture.
The first version of Portrait Professional was version 4. It required a web server to process the image.
Also required a web server to process the image.
Version 6 was the first version to run without needing a connection to a web server.
Featured enhanced face sculpting and slimming, an improvement in user interface, color calibration and improved raw support in the Studio version.
Version 9 was the first version to feature ClearSkin ® skin improving technology and also to function as a standalone and as a Photoshop plugin. Other improvements included the ability to handle profile views, a batch mode, and an intelligent touch up brush.
In response to customer requests, version 10 featured improved plugin support for Photoshop, Lightroom and Aperture, a new child mode, and an enhance skin only mode.
Released in November 2012, major improvements in version 11 included its automated face and feature finder, an improved handling of multiple faces within one session, and improved face contouring and slimming.
Released in March 2014, major improvements included the ability to change the lighting on the face, improved feature enhancing, and in the Studio Max edition only, an automatic batch mode with the ability to automatically determine age and gender of each face.
Known as Saved Sliders or Presets depending on version, these are pre-loaded slider settings that have been determined to work best for a particular subject, for example to make a young woman look glamorous.
Touch Up/ Restore Brush
Use the Touch Up brush to paint over spots or blemishes in the skin that have not been eliminated automatically. Use the Restore Brush to paint over spots in the skin that have been removed, but that you would like to keep. Adjust the size and strength of the brush with the sliders beside it.
Developed to particularly appeal to those photographers who retouch a high volume of photos.
Face Sculpt Controls
Subtly reshape the face to beautify facial features.
Skin Smoothing Controls
Improve the appearance of the skin. Also provides tools to let you refine the areas that Portrait Professional treats as skin.
Improve the appearance of the eyes. Also provides an option to enable red-eye removal.
Mouth and Nose Controls
Improve the appearance of the mouth and nose.
Skin Coloring Controls
Alter the color of the skin.
Skin Lighting Controls
Enhance the lighting on the skin.
Improve the appearance of the hair. Also provides tools to let you refine the areas that Portrait Professional treats as hair.
Control various aspects of the whole image, such as brightness and contrast. Also provides a tool that lets you crop the image. 
- BBC News: From mortal to model, visited January 03, 2007.
- Digital Photo News: Portrait Professional Review, visited January 03, 2007.
- Boing Boing:Creepy automated photo retouching software, visited January 10, 2007.
- New York Times: Looking Perfect, One Pixel at a Time, visited January 03, 2007.
- New Scientist: Beauty and the digital beast, visited January 10, 2007.
- Portrait Professional Support, visited 2 July 2014]
- PDF visited July 2, 2014
- Facebook Photos Airbrush away the age ABC News, visited July 2, 2014
- Market Watch 10 things dating sites won't tell you, visited July 2, 2014
- My Perfect Picture, visited 2 July 2014
- Review of Software by Macworld
- Review of Software on Cnet
- Review of Software by MacUser
- Review of Software by Shutterbug
- Review of Software by ePHOTOzine
- Review of Software by PC Advisor
- Review of Software by Layers Magazine