Portsmouth Olympic Harbour
Portsmouth Harbour was constructed in the 1800s to supply coal and materials to Kingston Penitentiary. CORK, then known as Canadian Olympic-Training Regatta Kingston began in 1969. The success of CORK was a key element in bringing the 1976 Olympics to Kingston. The harbour was significantly modified and refurbished in 1974 and 75. Since then it has played host to the Canadian Olympic-training Regatta, Kingston (CORK), an annual event.
- 1976 Summer Olympics official report. Volume 2. pp. 216–225.
- 1976 Summer Olympics official report. Volume 3. pp. 622–59.
- City of Kingston, Ontario Portsmouth Olympic Harbour profile.
- Cork.org official website
- K7waterfront.org profile
- What's on Kingston.com profile
|This article about a sports venue in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|