Portugal Golden Visa
The Portugal Golden Visa is a golden visa program by the government of Portugal that grants residency in Portugal to people who invest in properties worth at least €500,000 or create 10 jobs in Portugal.
As of August 2019, according to SEF, Chinese investment (see Chinese people in Portugal) in Portugal under the ‘golden visa’ scheme was down during the first eight months of 2019 a decrease of 15.7 percent from the same period of 2018. Investment by Brazilian nationals under the same scheme was up by almost 42 percent in 2019. Spain and Greece have programs comparable to Portugal's Gold Visa program.
Some of the advantages of obtaining a Portugal Golden Visa include
- travelling visa-free in Europe’s Schengen Area
- eligibility to apply for Portuguese citizenship after five years of legal residency
- High quality education system
- healthcare system
- low crime rate and high lifestyle options.
- Shabi, Mordehai (10 February 2020). "Golden Visa Portugal". Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 17 February 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Mendonca, Susana (19 March 2014). "The winners and losers of Portugal's golden visa scheme". BBC News.
- "GOLDEN RESIDENCE PERMIT PROGRAMME(ARI)" (PDF). SEF. 16 June 2020.
- "More Brazilians and less Chinese taking up golden visa". The Portugal News. 27 September 2019. Retrieved 25 October 2019.