Portway park and ride
City of Bristol
|Operated by||Bristol City Council|
|Bus operators||First West of England|
The site opened in April 2002 with 300 car parking spaces. There had been considerable opposition from local residents. The site was expanded in 2008 to provide 830 car parking spaces to coincide with the opening of the Cabot Circus shopping mall in Broadmead. Up until April 2007 services were operated by First before being provided by CT Plus. Currently, services are again provided by First.
One regular service operates from the site, identified by the green buses. The site opens at 6am with the first bus leaving at 6:15am Monday to Saturday. On Sunday, the site opens at 9am with the first bus leaving at 9:30am. The last bus leaves Bristol city centre at 8:30pm Monday to Saturday and 6pm on Sundays. The site closes at 9:30pm.
The Severn Beach railway line runs adjacent to the site. It is planned that a new station, Portway Parkway, be built to serve the site. The station was allocated £2.2m in June 2017 from the Local Growth Fund, via the West of England local enterprise partnership. Completion is scheduled for 2019.
- Staff (15 April 2002). "£2m park-and-ride opens". BBC News. London: BBC. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- Staff (23 September 2008). "Bristol park-and-ride sites beefed up for Cabot Circus traffic". This Is Bristol. Bristol News and Media Ltd. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- Travelwest. "Portway Park & Ride". Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- FirstGroup. "FirstGroup Portway Park & Ride". Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- Bristol Evening Post (13 January 2009). "Railway station could be built at Portway park and ride". Evening Post. Northcliffe Media. Archived from the original on 9 January 2010. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- "Funding Boost for West of England Transport Projects". West of England Combined Authority. 28 June 2017. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Portway Park and Ride train station set to open in 2019 as work starts". Bristol Post. Local World. 15 August 2017. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- Media related to Portway Park and Ride at Wikimedia Commons