Porus (TV series)
|Screenplay by||Siddharth Kumar Tewary|
|Directed by||Siddharth Kumar Tewary|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||249|
|Producer(s)||Siddharth Kumar Tewary|
Rahul Kumar Tewary
Gayatri Gill Tewary
|Running time||20-30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||One Life Studios|
|Budget||₹500 crore (US$70 million)|
|Original network||Sony Entertainment Television|
|Original release||27 November 2017– 13 November 2018|
|Followed by||Chandragupta Maurya|
Porus is a historical drama television series based on the Battle of the Hydaspes, visualizing the lives of Indian warrior and ruler Purushottam, King of the Pauravas and Alexander The Great, King of the Macedonian Empire. It premiered on 27 November 2017 on Sony TV. The series depicted the story of 7 Kingdoms - Paurav Rashtra-ruled by King Porus/Bamni/Kanishk, Macedonia-ruled by King Alexander/Philip II, Takshashila-ruled by King Ambhikumar/Ambhiraj, Dasyulok-ruled by King Arunyak, Persia/Faras-ruled by Darius III, Bactria-ruled by King Bessus and Magadh-ruled by King Dhananand.
The show is created by Siddharth Kumar Tewary of Swastik Productions. It is the most expensive show on Indian television, having a budget of about INR 500 crores (roughly USD 80 million). In Sri Lanka, it airs on Sirasa TV, dubbed into Sinhala under the name Digvijaya. The rights to the drama have also been sold to Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam. It is also dubbed in Tamil as Maaveeran which currently airs on Sun Life channel,Sun TV network from October 2018 onwards.
- Laksh Lalwani as Purushottam (Puru) / Porus, King of the Pauravas, and destined rival of Alexander. (2017-2018, Deceased;killed by Seleucus and Ambhikumar)
- Rati Pandey as Maharani Anusuya, former Queen and former Princess of Takshila , Queen Mother of the Pauravas, Wife of Bamni,Sister of Ambhiraj, Porus' mother.(2017-2018, Deceased; killed by Ambhiraj)
- Aditya Redij as Maharaj Bamni, former King, King Father of the Pauravas, Porus' father. (2017-2018, Deceased;killed in a blast)
- Aman Dhaliwal as Amatya Shivdutt, elder brother of King Bamni, and Minister of the Pauravas under Bamni and then Kanishk.(2017-2018, Deceased; killed by Anusuya)
- Akshara Singh /Sangeeta Khanayat as Kadika, King Bamni's second wife, mother of Kanishk and Porus' step mother, Queen and briefly Queen Mother of the Pauravas under Kanishk's rule. (2017-2018)
- Savi Thakur as Kanishk, son of King Bamni and Queen Kadika, Porus' half brother (2017-2018, Deceased; killed by Alexander)
- Hrishikesh Pandey as Senapati Ripudaman Singh, Commander-in-chief of Pauravas and later diguised as Sajjan Singh, foster father of Puru.(2017-2018, Deceased;killed by Persian army),
- Ashlesha Sawant as Pritha, wife of Ripudaman Singh, foster mother of Puru, mother of Hasti, and later Queen Mother of Sindh, the Indian kingdom under Hasti's rule. (2017-2018)
- Pranav Sahay as Samar Singh, Commander of the Pauravas army, brother of Kadika, and posthumously maternal uncle of Kanishk. (2017, Deceased; killed by Ripudaman)
- Mohit Abrol as Hasti, Ripudaman Singh and Pritha's son, Puru's foster brother, aide, and later assigned King of the Indian kingdoms. (2017-2018, Deceased, killed by Alexander) 
- Vivek Vallah as The Rajguru, the Royal Priest of the Paurav Kingdom. (2017-2018)
- Chetan Pandit / Tarun Khanna as Chanakya, a scholar from Takshashila and later Porus' adviser and minister. (2018)
- Mukut Chauhan as Malayaketu, Prince of the Pauravas, Porus' son. (2018)
- Rohit Purohit as Alexander the Great / Sikandar, King of Macedonia, and destined rival of Porus. (2017-2018, Deceased;cause is unknown)
- Sameksha as Olympias, former Queen and Queen Mother of Macedonia, Phillip's wife and Alexander's mother.  (2017-2018)
- Sunny Ghanshani as Philip II, Former King of Macedonia, Alexander's father.(2017-2018, Deceased, killed by Pusanias)
- Akash Singh Rajput / Akhil Kataria as Hephaestion, Alexander's best friend and general in his army. (2017-2018)
- Amaad Mintoo as Arrhidaeus son of Philip and Philinna, Prince of Macedonia, step brother of Alexander. (2017-2018)
- Sarehfar as Philinna, Queen of Macedonia, wife of King Philip II, and mother of Arrihdaeus. (2017-2018, Deceased; killed by Olympias)
- Nitin Joshi / Amir Malik as Cleitus the Black, one of Alexander's generals. (2018, Deceased; killed by Alexander)
- Vikas Verma as Seleucus I Nicator, one of Alexander's generals. (2018)
- Aruna Irani as an Oracle, a priestess who acts as medium between men and the gods, and an adviser to Alexander. (2018, Deceased;killed by Alexander),
- Ruby Kakar as an Oracle, a Greek priestess who acts as medium between men and the gods, who is a philosopher, and someone who out of vengeance for the Demigod Emperor tells Porus that he is meant to face Alexander. (2018)
- Raviz Thakur as Pausanias, bodyguard and murderer of Philip II. (2018, Deceased;killed by Cleitus)
- Vidvaan Sharma as baby Alexander (2017)
- Karishma Rawat as Cleopatra Eurydice of Macedon, Queen of Macedonia, King Philip's last wife. (2018, Deceased, Killed by Olympias)
- Rizwan Kalshyan as Alexander of Epirus, King of Epirus, uncle of Alexander the Great, and husband of Cleopatra of Macedon.(2018)
- Praneet Bhat as Darius III, trader, later Emperor of Persia, succeeded by Alexander the Great (2017-2018, Deceased, killed by Bactrian army)
- Riya Deepsi as Barsine, Princess of Persia, elder daughter of Darius, second wife of Alexander the Great. (2017-2018)
- Chandan Dilawar as Muashiz, Darius' companion and assistant, Commander of the Persian army (2017-18, Deceased; killed by Roxane)
- Vishal Patni as Farus, Muashiz's son, Commander of the Persian army (2017-2018, Deceased; killed by Alexander)
- Suzanne Bernert as Ada of Caria, Queen of Caria. (2018)
- Riyanka Chanda as Stateira I, former Queen of Persia, wife of Darius and mother of Barsine and Drypetis. (2018)
- Shalini Sharma as Drypetis, Princess of Persia younger daughter of Darius.(2018)
- Suhani Dhanki as Laachi, princess of Dasyu Raj and Puru's friend & love interest, later Puru's wife and Queen of the Pauravas (2017-2018, Deceased;killed by the Seleucid army)
- Shraddha Musale as Mahanandini, Laachi's mother and matriarchal Queen of Dasyu Raj. (2017-2018, Deceased; killed by Hephaestion)
- Rishi Verma as Sumer, Laachi's brother, Prince of Dasyu Raj. (2017-2018, Deceased;killed by Anusuya)
- Chirag Jani as Arunayak, Laachi's father and King of Dasyu Raj (2017-2018, Deceased;killed by Alexander)
The Takshashilans (Taxilans)
- Zohaib Siddiqui as Ambhikumar, King of Takshashila and elder cousin of Porus. (2018)
- Gurpreet Singh as Ambhiraj, Former King of Takshashila, brother of Queen Anusuya, father of king Ambhikumar and maternal uncle of Porus (2017-2018, Deceased; killed by Porus)
- Vasundhara Kaul as Queen Alka, mother of King Ambhikumar, former Queen of Takshashila . (2017-2018, Deceased; killed by Ambhikumar)
- Aparna Dixit as Roxane / Rukhsana, princess of Bactria, later Queen of Macedonia, Alexander the Great's love interest and first wife. (2018)
- Browny Parashar as Oxyartes, Father of Roxane and General of King Bessus of Bactria, later King of Bactria with help of Alexander The Great. (2018)
- Saurabh Raj Jain as Dhana Nanda, Emperor of Magadh. (2018)
- Nimai Bali as Amatya Rakshas, Prime Minister of Magadh. (2018)
- Nalini Negi as Vishuddhi, a member of the Vishkanya(poison-girl) community, a community where women sustain on the venom of snakes. She was originally sent to murder Puru but later changes her intentions and helps Puru in his mission to reach Persia. (2018, Deceased;killed by Alexander)
- Jaival Pathak as Malay, only boy left when Vishuddhi killed all the villagers and introduce him as her younger brother to Puru and his team. He later disclosed all the secrets to Puru about role play of brother and the truth about Vishuddhi. At last, prior to proceed for Persia he sent Malay to Pauravas. (2018)
- Pooja Sharma as River Jhelum, the Narrator. (2017-2018)
Porus, being a finite series went off-air on 13th November, 2018. Swastik Pictures has decided to tell the story of Chandragupta Maurya through a new show on Sony TV which has replaced Porus and is currently airing on the same time slot. Many key characters of Porus like Chanakya will be seen again in the new show with the same actors portraying them. The new show Chandragupt Maurya will be in seamless continuity with the ending of Porus. It went on-air on 14th November, 2018. Sourabh Raj Jain, who portrayed the character of Dhana Nanda in Porus has reprised the role, but as the main antagonist of the show. 
|2018||Lions Gold Awards||Favorite Actress of the Year (Critics)||Rati Pandey||Won|
|Favorite Actor of the Year||Laksh Lalwani||Won|
- "Content creators of Porus will keep show's IP rights, a first for television". November 14, 2017. Retrieved March 18, 2018.
- "Watch the trailer of Siddharth Kumar Tewary's historical show 'Porus'". Times of India. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "Siddharth Kumar Tewary's next on Porus for Sony Entertainment Television". Times of India. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Siddharth Kumar Tewary: 'Porus' is the story of India's first defender". Times of India. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "My thought was to create a much bigger product: Siddharth Kumar Tewary of One Life Studios". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "'Porus' launched as 'Digvijaya' in Sri Lanka". Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- "I am as patriotic and opinionated as Porus: Laksh". 27 November 2017. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "'Porus' will break the norms: Actor Laksh Lalwani - Times of India". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Porus nothing less than a film, might just be ahead of Baahubali 2: Laksh Lalwani". 15 September 2017. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Rati Pandey: My body language changed with 'Porus' role - Times of India". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Miley Jab Hum Tum actress Rati Pandey talks about playing Queen Anusuya in magnum opus Porus". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Aditya Redij steps into Rohit Roy's shoes to play Porus' father". Bombay Times. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- Singh, Mohnish (30 November 2017). "Aditya Redij extremely delighted on playing King Bamani in Porus - Eastern Eye". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Learning scuba diving a perk of 'Porus': Aditya Redij - Times of India". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Hrishikesh Pandey: Getting a good role is difficult at my age - Times of India". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- Singh, Mohnish (21 November 2017). "Hrishikesh Pandey injured on the sets of Porus - Eastern Eye". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Mohit Abrol: Hasti is a multi-faceted character - Urban Asian". 6 November 2017. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Through Porus the audience will get to know about world history: Sameksha - Times of India". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Sameksha Singh's physical transformation for Porus is amazing". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- Singh, Mohnish (27 November 2017). "Sameksha: Queen Olympia is a beautiful character to play - Eastern Eye". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "How Sunny Ghanshani bagged the role of Philip in Porus - Times of India". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Shaheer Sheikh-Erica Fernandes' reel son set to spread smiles in Porus - Times of India". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "History is best told through series: Praneet Bhat - The Statesman". 29 October 2017. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Witness history like never before with Sony TV's new show Porus. Watch promo". 16 October 2017. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- Shraddha, Rishikesh and Riya roped in for Sony TV’s Porus
- Riya Deepsi Twitter
- "Meet Suhani Dhanki the 'final' FEMALE LEAD of Sony TV's 'Porus'". ABP News. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- Singh, Mohnish (29 November 2017). "Suhani Dhanki Interview: My acting choices have been quite diverse - Eastern Eye". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- Singh, Mohnish (9 November 2017). "Shraddha Musale: I'm in the top frame of mind right now!". Eastern Eye. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "My dream is to play the desi 'Wonder Woman': Shraddha Musale". www.afternoondc.in. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Chirag Jani shares his experience of shooting for Porus in Thailand - Times of India". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- Singh, Mohnish (30 November 2017). "Gurpreet Singh had a special birthday this year!". Eastern Eye. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Gurpreet Singh and Vasundhara Kaul". photogallery.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Porus review: Thoroughly entertaining, if you love your history with masala". indiatoday.in. 28 November 2017.
- "Porus Review: It won't be wrong to call it the Television version of Bahubali in every aspect". pinkvilla.com. 29 November 2017.
- "Lions Gold Awards 2018: Complete winners list and Red Carpet pictures | Free Press Journal". www.freepressjournal.in. Retrieved 2018-01-25.