Posey Township, Clay County, Indiana
Location of Posey Township in Clay County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.75 sq mi (92.6 km2)|
|• Land||35.04 sq mi (90.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.71 sq mi (1.8 km2)|
|Elevation||679 ft (207 m)|
|• Density||116/sq mi (45/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453761|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.75 square miles (92.6 km2), of which 35.04 square miles (90.8 km2) (or 98.01%) is land and 0.71 square miles (1.8 km2) (or 1.99%) is water.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Dick Johnson Township (north)
- Brazil Township (northeast)
- Jackson Township (east)
- Sugar Ridge Township (southeast)
- Perry Township (south)
- Riley Township, Vigo County (southwest)
- Lost Creek Township, Vigo County (west)
- Nevins Township, Vigo County (northwest)
The township contains seven cemeteries: Billtown, Clearview, Cottage Hill, German, Rhule, Summit Lawn and Summit Lawn.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 83.