|Founders||Manish Chandra |
|Headquarters||Redwood Shores, CA USA|
Poshmark is a social commerce marketplace where people in the United States can buy and sell new or used clothing, shoes, and accessories. The company is headquartered in Redwood City, California.
The company was launched in 2011 by Manish Chandra.
In November 2017, Poshmark announced that it had raised $87.5M in venture backed funding led by Singapore-based Temasek. Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Mayfield and others also participated. They have raised a total of $160M to date.
In a May 22, 2018, interview with Reuters, Poshmark's CEO and founder, Manish Chandra, stated since Poshmark's launch sellers on the website had earned $1B selling clothing and accessories. Reuters reported that "much" of these earnings were "concentrated in a group of sellers making five, six and even seven figures" though the company noted there were 4 million sellers on the service.
Previously, Reuters reported Poshmark had raised $87.5 million "at a valuation of nearly $600 million."
- Johns, Nikara; Johns, Nikara (January 16, 2018). "The 6 Best Online Consignment Shops You Need to Know".
- "Poshmark raises $87.5 million for fashion resale marketplace".
- Somerville , Heather (23 May 2018). "Online fashion marketplace Poshmark says its sellers have made $1 billion". Internet News. Reuters. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- Somerville, Heather (14 November 2017). "Online fashion startup Poshmark raises $87.5 million from Temasek". Reuters. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- Cox, Joseph (1 August 2019). "Clothing Resale Marketplace Poshmark Announces Data Breach". Vice Media. Retrieved 1 August 2019.