The band was formed in 1979 by Ross Middleton (vocals), his brothers Graham Middleton (keyboards, vocals) and Fraser Middleton (bass guitar, vocals), Russell Blackstock (guitar, vocals), and Les Gaff (drums). Their first released material was two tracks ("Refugees" and "The Long March") on the Statik label compilation EP Second City Statik in 1980, and they followed this with two singles on Statik in 1981, both of which were top-ten hits on the UK Independent Chart. Début album Heart of Darkness was released in May 1981, after which Ross left to form the short-lived Leisure Process, with Blackstock taking over on lead vocals. Heart of Darkness peaked at number four on the independent chart, and the band's second album, Change of Heart (1982), also charted, reaching number 21. They released a third and final album, Distant Fires, in 1985, now with John Telford on drums and John Coletta on guitar, but their earlier success was not repeated and they split up shortly afterwards.
all on Statik Records.
- Heart of Darkness (1981) - came with a bonus 7-inch single: "Love Like Property"
- Change of Heart (1982)
- Distant Fires (1985)
- "Give Me Passion" (1981)
- "Charm" (1981)
- "Positive Negative" (1981)
- "Waiting for the Seventh Man" (1982)
- "Get Up And Go" (1982)
- "When Lightning Strikes" (1983)
- "A Million Miles Away" (1984)
- "Distant Fires" (1985)
- Second City Statik (1980), Statik: "Refugees", "The Long March"
- Cabaret Futura - Fools Rush In Where Angels Dare To Tread (1981), Martyrwell Music: "Love Like Property (Live)", "Treachery (Live)"