Possible Worlds (film)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Directed by||Robert Lepage|
|Screenplay by||Robert Lepage|
|Based on||Possible Worlds
by John Mighton
|Edited by||Susan Shipton|
Possible Worlds is a 2000 Canadian film adaptation of the 1990 play of the same name by John Mighton. The film is directed by Robert Lepage, widely considered to be Canada’s premiere theatre artist,  and stars Tom McCamus and Tilda Swinton.   Music is by George Koller.
Mighton approached Lepage to direct an adaption of his play, Lepage had seen a tape of Daniel Brook's minimalistic 1998 production of the play, and agreed to direct the film.  He liked Mighton's combining of art and science and the theme of diverse, multilayered identity. 
- Best Achievement in Art Direction/Production Design - Genie Awards
- Best Achievement in Editing - Genie Awards
- Special Jutra - Jutra Awards
- Achievement in Direction - Genie Awards
- Best Achievement in Cinematography- Genie Awards
- Best Motion Picture - Genie Awards
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role - Genie Awards
- Best Art Direction - Jutra Awards
- Best Cinematography - Jutra Awards
- Simard, Magali. "Robert Lepage: Possible Worlds". tiff.net (Toronto International Film Festival). Archived from the original on May 3, 2015.
- Korsner, Jason (July 11, 2001). "Possible Worlds (2001)". BBC. Retrieved 2010-02-21.
- Bradshaw, Peter (July 13, 2001). "Possible Worlds". The Guardian.
- Dunđerović, Aleksandar (2003). The Cinema of Robert Lepage: The Poetics of Memory. p. 119. ISBN 9781903364338.
- Dunđerović, Aleksandar (2003). The Cinema of Robert Lepage: The Poetics of Memory. p. 120. ISBN 9781903364338.
- "Possible Worlds", Filmfestival - homepage
- Gadsbey, Robbie (August 1, 2011). "Possible Worlds 6th Canadian Film Festival Preview". musicfeeds.com.au. Sydney. Archived from the original on October 20, 2011.
- Possible Worlds at the Internet Movie Database
- Simard, Magali. "Robert Lepage: Possible Worlds (puts film in the context of his oeuvre)". tiff.net (Toronto International Film Festival). Archived from the original on May 3, 2015.
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2000s science fiction film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|