General store in Post
|Elevation||3,383 ft (1,031 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (Pacific)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (Pacific)|
|Coordinates and elevation from United States Geological Survey|
Post is an unincorporated community in Crook County, Oregon, United States. It has a post office assigned the ZIP code of 97752. Post lies along Oregon Route 380 southeast of Prineville at an elevation of 3,383 feet (1,031 m). Post was named for Walter H. Post, the first postmaster of the Post post office, established in 1889.
Post is the geographic center of Oregon.
This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above about 66 °F (19 °C). According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Post has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated "Csb" on climate maps. However, the average temperature in January is about 29 °F (−2 °C), and Post gets only about 13 inches (330 mm) of precipitation a year. Snowfall amounts to an average of about 42 inches (110 cm) annually.
- "Post, Oregon". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. May 22, 1986. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- "Search Results for ZIP code 97752". CD Light. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; McArthur, Lewis L. (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. p. 779. ISBN 978-0875952772.
- "Juniper Hills". The Nature Conservancy. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- "Post, Oregon". Weatherbase. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Shirley 1998, pp. 88–100.
- Shirley, Gayle C. (1998). More Than Petticoats: Remarkable Oregon Women. Helena, Montana: Falcon Publishing. ISBN 1-56044-668-4.
|This Crook County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|