Promotional film poster
|Directed by||Vicky Jenson|
|Produced by||Ivan Reitman|
|Written by||Kelly Fremon|
|Music by||Christophe Beck|
|Edited by||Dana Congdon|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|Budget||$15 million|
Post Grad is a 2009 American romantic comedy film directed by Vicky Jenson and starring Alexis Bledel, about a recent college graduate who moves back in with her family while she figures out what she wants to do next.
Ryden Malby graduates from college in the middle of the late-2000s recession and is forced to move back in with her parents, because her dream job has been given to her arrogant college nemesis Jessica Bard. Ryden and her best friend Adam, who has had a longtime crush on her, must find a job for Ryden before she loses hope for her future dream as an editor of a big publishing company, but her ambitions for getting a job blinded her from noticing that Adam was giving up going to New York in hopes that one day she will feel about him the same way he does for her. After a while, Adam gives up and goes to Columbia and Ryden gets her dream job, but realizes she isn't really happy and quits her job to go and live with Adam.
- Alexis Bledel as Ryden Malby
- Zach Gilford as Adam Davies
- Michael Keaton as Walter Malby
- Jane Lynch as Carmella Malby
- Carol Burnett as Maureen Malby
- Bobby Coleman as Hunter Malby
- Rodrigo Santoro as David Santiago
- Catherine Reitman as Jessica Bard
- Craig Robinson as Funeral director
- J. K. Simmons as Roy Davies
- Mary Anne McGarry as Barbara Snaff
- Vanessa Branch as Receptionist
- Fred Armisen as Guacanator pitchman
- Alexandra Holden as Cute funky girl
- Andrew Daly as Lloyd Hastings
- Desean Terry as Young Cop
- Walter Emanuel Jones as Voice Cast
- Demetri Martin (uncredited) as TV commercial producer
Post Grad was panned by film critics. On Rotten Tomatoes the film has an approval rating of 8% based on reviews from 99. The site's consensus states: "A lightweight, unambitious comedy, Post Grad features fine actors that can do little with its middling, uninspiring script." On Metacritic it has a scores of 35 out of 100, based on 25 reviews, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews". Audiences surveyed by CinemaScore gave the film a grade B on scale of A to F.
Roger Ebert gave the film three out of four stars, stating, "If you're cynical or jaded, it might not get past you. But here is the first movie in a long time that had me actually admitting I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel."
During opening weekend, the film opened at #11, grossing $2,651,996.
The film was released on DVD and Blu-Ray on November 24, 2009.
- "Executive Suite: Tom Pollock and Ivan Reitman". The Hollywood Reporter. 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- Post Grad at Box Office Mojo
- "Post Grad". Turner Classic Movies. Atlanta: Turner Broadcasting System (Time Warner. Retrieved October 6, 2016.
- "Alexis Bledel Gets Not Only a Lover, but Mr. Mom and Carol Burnett Too!". Cinematical. December 8, 2007. Retrieved 2009-05-31.
- Parsons, Ryan (November 12, 2007). "Alexis Bledel Has a Ticket to Ride". CanMag. Retrieved 2009-05-31.
- "The Post Grad Survival Guide". Film Releases. Retrieved 2009-05-31.
- Kellet, Christine. "Actress announces retirement on Twitter", The Sydney Morning Herald, June 21, 2010
- Post Grad at Rotten Tomatoes
- Post Grad at Metacritic
- "Cinemascore". CinemaScore. Archived from the original on 2018-12-20. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- Debruge, Peter (August 19, 2009). "Post Grad". Variety.
- Ebert, Roger (August 19, 2009). "Post Grad". Chicago Sun-Times.