Post Orgasmic Chill
|Post Orgasmic Chill|
|Studio album by|
|Released||22 March 1999|
|Studio||Clinton Studios (New York City) Bearsville Studios (Bearsville)|
|Genre||Hard rock, alternative metal, alternative rock|
|Skunk Anansie chronology|
|Singles from Post Orgasmic Chill|
Post Orgasmic Chill is the third studio album by British rock band Skunk Anansie, first released in 1999. Two album covers exist: the European version with the band lounging in an oceanside apartment, and the American version with the band standing on the Atlantic City boardwalk. It was a complete departure from their previous two albums, which had elements of punk rock and alternative rock by moving to a new harder sound with elements of hard rock and alternative metal. It took eleven years for the group to release their next album, Wonderlustre.
The album title resembles the title of the 13th song, a Japanese bonus track called "Post Orgasmic Sleep".
|1.||"Charlie Big Potato"||5:32|
|2.||"On My Hotel T.V."||3:34|
|3.||"We Don't Need Who You Think You Are"||4:21|
|5.||"The Skank Heads"||3:11|
|8.||"Good Things Don't Always Come to You"||5:25|
|10.||"You'll Follow Me Down"||4:01|
|11.||"And This Is Nothing That I Thought I Had"||3:04|
|12.||"I'm Not Afraid"||4:48|
|13.||"Post Orgasmic Sleep" (Japan bonus track)||5:17|
- Skunk Anansie
- Skin – vocals, theremin, vibraphone
- Cass – electric bass, acoustic bass, programming
- Ace – electric guitar, acoustic guitar
- Mark Richardson – drums, percussion
- Other personnel
- Wil Malone – strings, arrangement, conductor
- Michael Nash Associates – design
- Clif Norrell – engineering
- Chris Laidlaw – assistant engineering
- Howie Weinberg – mastering
- Steve Sisco – assistant mixing
- Andy Wallace – production, mixing
|UK Albums Chart||16|
|German Albums Chart||57|
|Austria (IFPI Austria)||Gold||25,000*|
|Switzerland (IFPI Switzerland)||Gold||25,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Gold||100,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Allmusic review
- NME review
- Robert Dimery; Michael Lydon (23 March 2010). 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die: Revised and Updated Edition. Universe. ISBN 978-0-7893-2074-2.
- "Skunk Anansie charts". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Top 100 Album-Jahrescharts" (in German). GfK Entertainment. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- "Austrian album certifications – Skunk anansie – Post orgasmic chill" (in German). IFPI Austria. Retrieved 19 November 2018. Enter Skunk anansie in the field Interpret. Enter Post orgasmic chill in the field Titel. Select album in the field Format. Click Suchen.
- "IFPI Platinum Europe Awards – 2003". International Federation of the Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Skunk anansie; 'Post orgasmic chill')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien. Retrieved 19 November 2018.
- "British album certifications – Skunk anansie – Post orgasmic chill". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 19 November 2018. Select albums in the Format field. Select Gold in the Certification field. Type Post orgasmic chill in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
|This 1990s hard rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|