Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up post hoc in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Post hoc (sometimes written as post-hoc) is a Latin phrase, meaning "after this" or "after the event".
Post hoc may refer to:
- Post hoc analysis or post hoc test, statistical analyses that were not specified before the data was seen
- Post hoc theorizing, generating hypotheses based on data already observed
- Post hoc ergo propter hoc (after this, therefore because of this), a logical fallacy of causation
- "Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc" (The West Wing), an episode of the television series The West Wing
- Propter hoc (disambiguation)
- A priori and a posteriori, Latin phrases used in philosophy meaning "from earlier" and "from later"
- Ex post, Latin phrase meaning "after the event"
- Ad hoc, a solution designed for a specific problem or task, Latin meaning "for this"
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Post hoc.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.