Postage stamps and postal history of Aruba
Aruba has produced its own stamps since 1 January 1986, when it was granted internal autonomy within the Kingdom of the Netherlands. It had previously been part of the Netherlands Antilles. The official language is Dutch.
In 1892 the Governor of Aruba was given the title of Director of Post and tasked with the responsibility of delivering the mail. The first official post office was in Plaza Daniel Leo but moved to J.E. Irausquin plein # 9 in 1958.
- The International Postage Meter Stamp catalog - Aruba.
- Post Aruba the Aruba Post Office.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-01-31. Retrieved 2010-02-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- Stamps of the World. Stanley Gibbons. 2004. p. 165.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20180503062746/http://www.stampworldhistory.com/country-profiles-2/americas/aruba/ Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-08-11. Retrieved 2017-08-11.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- Aruba Post Office philatelic pages.
|This philatelic article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Aruba-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|