Postage stamps and postal history of Malawi
Malawi is a landlocked country in southeast Africa that was formerly known as Nyasaland. It is bordered by Zambia to the northwest, Tanzania to the northeast, and Mozambique on the east, south and west. The country is separated from Tanzania and Mozambique by Lake Malawi. Its size is over 118,000 km2 (45,560 sq mi) with an estimated population of more than 13,900,000. Its capital is Lilongwe.
The first stamps of Malawi were issued on 6 July 1964. Stamps had previously been issued under the names of the British Central Africa Protectorate from 1891 and later Nyasaland and the Nyasaland Protectorate from 1908.
- List of people on stamps of Malawi
- Postage stamps of the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland
- Postage stamps and postal history of British Central Africa
- Postage stamps and postal history of the Nyasaland Protectorate
- Revenue stamps of Nyasaland and Malawi
|This philatelic article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malawi-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|