Postage stamps and postal history of Moldova
Moldova, officially the Republic of Moldova is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe, located between Romania to the west and Ukraine to the north, east and south. It declared itself an independent state with the same boundaries as the preceding Moldovan SSR in 1991, as part of the devolution of the Soviet Union. A strip of Moldova's internationally recognized territory on the east bank of the river Nistru has been under the de facto control of the breakaway government of Transnistria since 1990.
The first stamps of independent Moldova were designed by Grigoriy Bronza and issued in 1991.
- Grigoriy Bronza
- Poşta Moldovei
- Postage stamps and postal history of Romania
- Postage stamps and postal history of Russia
- Postage stamps and postal history of Transnistria
- Zimbrul și Vulturul
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stamps of Moldova.|
- MoldovaStamps.org - Complete Online Catalogue of the Stamps and Postal History of Moldova
- Stamps of the World (SOTW) Catalogue for Moldova
- PMRstamps.org - Complete Online Catalogue of the Stamps and Postal History of PMR Transnistria
- Linn's Stamp News Refresher Course
|This philatelic article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|