Postage stamps and postal history of the Dutch East Indies
The first stamp of the Netherlands Indies was issued on 1 April 1864.
Netherlands New Guinea
From 1950 to 1962, stamps were issued as the renamed Nederlands Nieuw Guinea. Netherlands New Guinea came under temporary United Nations administration from 1 October 1962 to 1 May 1963 when stamps were overprinted “UNTEA”.
On 1 May 1963, the area became the Indonesian province of West Irian (Irian Barat) and issued its own stamps until 1973 since when Indonesian stamps have been used.
- Postage stamps and postal history of Indonesia
- Postage stamps and postal history of Western New Guinea
- http://www.sandafayre.com/stampatlas/indonesia.html Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- Boissevain, Charles F.C.G. and Leo B. Vosse. Zijn stempel gedrukt = The stamp of authority: C.D. Ricardo en zihn filatelistische collectie over Nederlands-Indie en Indonesie gedurende 1942-1949 = C.D. Ricardo and his philatelic collection on the Dutch East Indies and Indonesia from 1942-1949. Den Haag: SeaPress: Het Nederlandse PTT Museum, 1997 ISBN 90-73930-17-0 118p.
- Bulterman P. R. Poststempels Nederlands-Indie 1864-1950. Blaricum: The Author, 1981 579p.
- Dai Nippon, Catalogue of the postage stamps of the Netherlands East Indies under Japanese occupation 1942-1945, 2001.
- Houwink, Roel H. Die Briefmarken von Niederlandisch-Neuguinea. Frankfurt am Main: Arbeitsgemeinschaft Neues Handbuch der Briefmarkenkunde e.V. im Bund Deutscher Philatelisten e.V., 1963 19p.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stamps of the Netherlands East Indies.|
- Website of Dai Nippon, philatelic society specializing in the Japanese occupation, and the Republic of Indonesia (1945-1949)
- East Indies stamps (1864-1948)
|This philatelic article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|