Postcards (TV series)
|Presented by||Rebecca Judd|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|Running time||60 minutes (National)
30 minutes (Local)
|Original network||Nine Network|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
Postcards is an Australian holiday and travel television series hosted by Rebecca Judd.
There were originally three different versions of Postcards, each produced and broadcast within its specific city or market. In 1995, Adelaide's Channel Nine produced their first series. It promoted holiday spots within South Australia, encouraging viewers to travel within their state. Soon after, Channel Nine in Melbourne launched their own state-based version and Channel Nine in Perth followed in 1999 with Postcards WA.
In 2007, WIN Television purchased Channel Nine in Adelaide and Perth. The Perth-based Postcards WA was then renamed Postcards Australia and expanded to cover more parts of the country, using reporters positioned across the WIN network, and in 2011 they axed the original Adelaide-based Postcards SA.
In March 2016, Postcards moved to a new Friday night timeslot and one hour format for Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne markets. Rebecca Judd hosts the show alongside presenters Livinia Nixon, Lauren Phillips, Brodie Harper, Shane Crawford, Glen Moriarty, Scherri-Lee Biggs, Warren Tredrea and celebrity chef Shane Delia.
The show airs in Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne market on Friday nights at 7.30 pm on the Nine Network.
- Livinia Nixon
- Lauren Phillips
- Brodie Harper
- Shane Crawford
- Glen Moriarty
- Scherri-Lee Biggs
- Warren Tredrea
- Shane Delia
- Alex Rance
Postcards Victoria is produced by GTV Channel Nine Melbourne and is shown on Sundays at 5.30 pm. It is currently hosted by Rebecca Judd with presenters Brodie Harper, Glen Moriarty, Shane Delia, Livinia Nixon, Lauren Phillips and Shane Crawford.
Postcards Australia was produced by WIN Television and WIN Digital Media and showcase exciting, engaging and beautiful destinations around Australia and recently New Zealand, highlighting the stunning locations, unique characters and interesting things to do, along with travel tips, local advice and lots of fun. Hosted by Scott McRae, series two will be seen across Australia and is also seen on Discovery Travel Channel in South East Asia, Korea, China and New Zealand.
Postcards South Australia
Postcards South Australia was produced by NWS Channel Nine Adelaide and was shown every Sunday at 5:30 pm from 1995 to 2011 hosted by Keith Conlon. Other reporters included Lisa McAskill, Ali Carle, Michael Keelan, Chad Cornes, Mark Bickley and Kym Dillon. The series ended abruptly on 20 November 2011.
Postcards Western Australia
Postcards WA was produced by STW Channel Nine Perth. It was first launched in April 1998 and was hosted by Philippa O'Connell who was joined by co-host Paul Entwistle in 2003. Reporters for the show included Ryan Campbell, Teresa Spiniello and Fiona Argyle. In 2009, a brief series of Postcards WA was broadcast with host Angela Tsun. Soon after, the series expanded and was renamed Postcards Australia.
- "Postcards SA; About Us". postcards-sa.com.au. 25 August 2009. Retrieved 25 August 2009.
- "WIN buys Channel 9 Adelaide". AAP. theage.com.au. 30 May 2007. Retrieved 30 May 2007.
- "Sunraysia backs WIN bid for Channel Nine". watelevision.com. 20 April 2007. Retrieved 25 August 2009.
- Iannella, Antimo (14 July 2011). "Channel 9 tourism program Postcards to end production". The Advertiser. News Limited. Retrieved 13 November 2011.
- "Postcards moves to primetime". TV Tonight. 2016-03-21. Retrieved 2016-11-05.
- In the 13 November 2011 episode, Keith Conlon explained the next episode would be a special, hour-long, the final one ever.
- "Web Archive; Postcards WA; About Us". postcardswa.com.au. 7 February 2007. Archived from the original on 7 February 2007. Retrieved 25 August 2009.