|Founded||24 June 2009|
(Chairman of the Board)
(President & CEO)
|Revenue||€4.3 billion/ SEK 39,950 million (2014)|
|€0.2 billion/ SEK 176 million (2014)|
Number of employees
PostNord AB is the name of the holding company of the two merged postal companies Posten AB and Post Danmark that were officially merged on 24 June 2009. The name of the group was changed 17 May 2011 from Posten Norden to PostNord.
President and CEO is Håkan Ericsson and Jens Moberg is the chairman. The former president and CEO, Lars Idermark, resigned in December 2012 to take up the same positions in the forest group Södra. The former chairman, Fritz Schur, left in April 2013.
PostNord implemented a new organization in 2014. The change will further integrate the group and make it easier to offer Nordic end-to-end solutions within the three focus areas: Mail & Communication, logistics and e-commerce.
The logistics market in the Nordic region has had a relatively stable development. The Nordic logistics market that is relevant to PostNord equates to about SEK 150–190 billion. Demand for Nordic end-to-end solutions is growing. Demand for parcel services, the shipping of part and full loads and third-party logistics (TPL) has grown, while the trend for demand in Air & Ocean has been weaker.
PostNord operates in all the Nordic countries and Germany, and via its subsidiary Direct Link it also runs international operations in the form of distribution solutions for lightweight goods and it is part of the DPD network for global logistics solutions.
- "Postfusion er på plads" (in Danish). business.dk. 24 June 2009. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
- "Annual Report 2014 and Sustainability Report". Posten Norden AB. 23 March 2015. p. 5. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Svensk-dansk postfusion formellt klar" (in Swedish). di.se. 24 June 2009. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
- "Posten Norden Group changes name to PostNord". PostNord AB. 17 May 2011. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- "Håkan Ericsson". PostNord. 30 September 2013. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Jens Moberg". PostNord. 14 May 2013. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Lars Idermark resigns from PostNord". PostNord. 11 December 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "New Chairman of the Board in PostNord". PostNord. 25 March 2013. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "About Us". PostNord. 26 September 2013. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
|This European corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Danish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Swedish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|