Posterized is North American slang derived from an action in the game of basketball, in which the offensive player "dunks" over a defending player in a play that is spectacular and athletic enough to warrant reproduction in a printed poster. The term was originated from Julius Erving, whose high-flying style of play inspired the term.
Posterize used in a sentence: "CJ posterizes fools at Thursday night basketball"
- "NBA: Season of the Brick," The Washington Times, November 22, 1996
- "Great Shot! Jordan's Best Amazingly Goes One Better", Washington Post Jun 7, 1991 https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/nba/longterm/jordan/articles/layup91.htm
- Wallace, Michael; Peterson, Rob (25 September 2015). "In a Single Bound". ESPN.com. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Jaguars, Brunell Stand on Wobbly Foundation", Chicago Tribune, Jan 3, 1999
- "Team Lucent Tries To 'Be Like Mike'," Communications Today, August 11, 1999