This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||May 1, 2011|
|Founders||Bastian Lehmann, Sean Plaice, and Sam Street|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Select U.S. cities & Mexico|
|Products||Mobile app, website|
Postmates is an American logistics company that operates a network of couriers who deliver goods locally.
Launched in 2011, Postmates pioneered the on-demand delivery movement in the US by offering delivery from restaurants and stores previously only available offline.
In December 2014, Postmates opened its application programming interface to merchants to allow small businesses to compete for delivery of consumer goods with larger companies such as Amazon. In the same month, the company announced that it had completed its millionth delivery and that it had over 6,000 drivers in its network.
In June 2015, Postmates announced that they had surpassed 2.5 million deliveries across 28 markets and expanded their fleet to 13,000 couriers.
In September 2015, Postmates updated the app, which added the ability to track delivery, gift meals to other, and the estimated delivery time.
In November 2017, Postmates launched service in Mexico City, their first location outside the US. 
In 2018, Postmates launched service in 134 new cities in the United States, bringing its total number of cities in the United States up to 550.
On December 13, 2018, Postmates unveiled Serve, its internally developed first-of-its-kind autonomous delivery rover. 
In January 2019, Postmates raised $100 million investment by BlackRock together with Spark Capital, Founders Fund, Uncork Capital and Slow Ventures. Thus, the total valuation of the company reached $1.85 billion.
- "Postmates confidentially files for IPO". reuters.com. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "BBC News - Location services: How GPS delivery is changing shopping". bbc.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "About Postmates". postmates.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- Lynley, Matthew. "Postmates To Roll Its Way Into London". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-06-09.
- "Amazon Not as Unstoppable as It Might Appear". nytimes.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "Will Postmates Dominate Same Day Delivery with Its Open API?". sRacked SF. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "Postmates, Powering On-Demand Logistics". blog.postmates.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "Postmates Is Launching An API To Let Third-Party Sellers Offer Local Delivery | TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "1 Million Deliveries Deep, Postmates Formally Launches An On-Demand API". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "We've Raised $80M, Led by Tiger Global Management". blog.postmates.com. Retrieved 2015-07-06.
- Dickey, Megan Rose (2015-09-21). "Postmates Unveils Revamped Platform, Announces 4 Million Deliveries". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2015-11-06.
- Dickey, Megan Rose (15 November 2017). "Postmates launches in first international city". Techcrunch.
- "Postmates launches food delivery in 134 additional US cities". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-10-18.
- "Postmates'Quest To Build The Delivery Robot Of The Future". WIRED. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- "Postmates lines up another $100M ahead of IPO". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-01-11.