Poston Butte High School
|Poston Butte High School|
32375 North Gantzel Road
|Type||Public High School|
|School district||Florence Unified School District|
|Student to teacher ratio||16.71|
|Mascot||TUFF The Bronco|
Poston Butte High School does not employ textbooks. Instead, the school's one-to-one computing policy provides a laptop to each student in lieu of textbooks.
The first school to use one-to-one computing in Arizona was Empire High School, which started doing so in 2005. Florence district officials worked with Empire to implement a similar program at Poston Butte in 2009. After successful implementation at Poston Butte, it was expanded to Florence High School in 2010.
First graduating class
The first class graduated from Poston Butte on May 30, 2012. It had 253 students.
- "Poston Butte High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 29, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- http://www.fusdaz.org/OurDISTRICT/AboutUs/OnetoOneComputing/tabid/5114/Default[permanent dead link]
- https://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2009/08/27/20090827postonbutte0827.html Poston Butte high-school students go digital
- https://web.archive.org/web/20170208013916/http://santanvalleytoday.com/index.php?option%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D680%3Aflorence-high-school-says-goodbye-to-textbooks%26catid%3D78%3Aaugust-2010. Archived from the original on February 8, 2017. Retrieved July 1, 2012. Missing or empty
|title=(help)CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- http://www.trivalleycentral.com/articles/2012/06/07/florence_reminder_blade_tribune/schools_and_education/doc4fcfddf3d72e8566591920.txt[dead link]