|Original author(s)||Kang Yong-huee|
|Stable release||Windows: 1.7.21419 (January 27, 2021)|
|Operating system||Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP|
|Available in||Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijan, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hong Kong, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik (Cyrillic), Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uzbek (Latin)|
PotPlayer is a multimedia software player developed for the Microsoft Windows operating system by South Korean Internet company Kakao (formerly Daum Communications). It competes with other popular Windows media players such as VLC media player, mpv_(media_player), GOM Player, KMPlayer, SMPlayer and Media Player Classic. PotPlayer's reception has been positive with reviewers complimenting its wide range of settings and customizations, as well as its lightweight nature and its support for a large variety of media formats.
One reviewer observed that PotPlayer's quantity of options is "one of its biggest weaknesses. It has many different settings which unfortunately makes wading through the checkbox-laden settings menu kind of a pain" and that the options menu is "confusing".
As of at least late 2019, PotPlayer began to be bundled with third-party software, causing concerns from PotPlayer's users community. The installer gives the option to opt-out before the bundled 3rd party software is installed. Also of note, PotPlayer has now started showing popup ads on the lower right hand corner of a user's computer Features of Daum PotPlayer Supports various devices such as DVD, TV, and HDTV.
- Gordon, Whitson (July 19, 2011). "The Best Video Player for Windows". Lifehacker. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- Dragomir, Mircea. "PotPlayer". SoftPedia. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- Park, Chris. "Powerful media player with support for lots of formats". Softonic. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- "PotPlayer now Adware!". VideoHelp Forum.
- "PotPlayer now Adware! - Page 2 - VideoHelp Forum". VideoHelp Forum.
- "Supports various devices - softfamed". Softfamed.